The Viola Rand School is located at 55 Highland Avenue, Bradley, Maine 04411
Telephone: 207.827.2508 or 207.827.7557
Principal: Cheryl Leonard (email@example.com)
Secretary: Heidi Gifford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
School counselor: Lisa Roy (email@example.com)
The school day begins at 7:50 and ends at 2:30.
Pre-kindergarten is from 12:00 – 2:30 Monday – Friday
Our motto is “Small School Big Footprints” as we focus on the acquisition of knowledge and the core characteristics of Caring, Respect and Responsibility!
The Viola Rand School is primarily for students from Bradley, Maine in grades pre-kindergarten through third grade. There are 6 full time teachers, 1 half time teacher and 5 itinerant teachers for specials. Enrollment averages at about 70 students. We have a resource room, a Title 1 teacher for Reading Recovery, literacy and math support and Chapter 104 opportunities.
7:30 am – the earliest time students should arrive at school
7:30-7:50 – Morning recess ends with the flag salute then dismissal to classrooms.
8:00 – School day begins; arrivals after this time are considered tardy 2:30 – Dismissal begins: Bradley bus first, then the walkers, then the YMCA bus
All students have recess at 11:30, then come in for lunch at 11:50. Lunch ends at 12:15. Students go out unless it is raining or below 10*F.
Monday – music
Tuesday – physical education (Remember sneakers!)
Wednesday – art and guidance bi-weekly
Thursday – physical education and technology bi-wekly
Friday – library (Remember your books!)
Our curriculum is closely aligned with the Common Core, Next Gen Science Standards, and Maine Learning Results. In some subject areas there are programs in use to support that alignment.
Math - Envision 2.0 program
Literacy - Lucy Calkins writing program, some grades use Lucy Calkins Reading Program
Science – Stem Scopes Program
Guidance – Second Step curriculum
School Wide Rules:
- Students will show respect to all others.
- Students will show respect for the building and all property.
- Students will use appropriate language.
- All students will observe a “hands off” policy providing personal space to others.
- All students will be outside from 7:30-8:00 AM.
- Students will stay off the ice in winter.
- Hats off in the building, please!
- No personal electronic items are allowed to be used during school hours.
- Kindness and consideration are expected at all times!!